Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Dutton Island - new date

What:  Plein Air Paint-out
When: Saturday, April 9, 9 AM to 1 PM 
Where: Dutton Island Preserve

We never postponed a plein air before but when on Thursday evening of March 31 the weather forecast was calling for 90% chance of thunderstorms for the entire Saturday morning on Dutton Island we decided it might not be safe to go there. We've painted outdoor when it's been in the 30's, and when it's been in the 90's. We've painted in drizzle, high winds, clouds and overcast. But thunderstorms are nothing to mess around with so we decided to postpone.

As it turned out the weather was not bad at Dutton that day - though certainly bad elsewhere! At my home we had heavy rain and violent thunder and lightning until past lunch time. How 'ere it was, we decided to postpone a week. We're sorry for all the people this inconvenienced. We're trying to think of what the proper solution will be going forward and have some ideas we are considering.

However considering that this is the first plein air date we decided to change in nearly 4 1/2 years shows how lucky we have been over all. Hope some of you can make it this Saturday as Dutton is truly a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.